24 September 2015

#tbt: Catalunya diary



INSPIRE ME NOW. I guess that was the motto of my stay in Catalunya. I went there to get inspired and find art in the ordinary. And I did. I was inspired not only by all the beautiful buildings in Barcelona or new collections by my favourite Spanish brands but also, or most of all, by all the friendly and always helpful people. No matter if they spoke English or not, they always had some piece of advice and to make use of everything I heard I'd probably need one whole month to get to know Tossa de Mar (not to mention seeing all the secret spots in Barcelona). 

Since it's a throwback post and I'm sharing my best and favourite photos from the trip, I also decided to talk a little more about some nice and unexpected (hello my Polish reality) situations that I had the honour to be part of. Yes, it was a real honour cause almost never before in my life (excluding living in Israel) had I met so many friendly shopping assistants who really knew their job. I'm not used to such things in Poland and, although I can talk about a simple white shirt for ages, I hardly ever get tha chance to do it. In Spain (amd in France too) I could do it in almost every shop! Heaven on Earth and I guess I should buy a flat in Girona, open a kosher restaurant there (there's no such restaurant there) or at least my first Aroma store and spend my days going from one shop to another and having a talk about clothes, fabrics, trends and other things. Ne more thing I absolutely loved and already miss: multibrand shops offering not only all that stuff we all know so well from magazines but also local trends and some rare pieces (my advice: always go to shops which sell local designers or at least something not available in Your country; this way You'll get something unique, usually reasonably priced and You'll leave the shop equipped with information about the purchase and the brand). 

Being in Spain without trying sangria and churros is a no-go and despite my diet and obsession with calories, I had many guilty pleasures and fell in love with churros. And once I took a sip on sangria, I googled the recipe so now I know what I'll b drinking on late summer evenings next year.

Barcelona meant an obligatory visit to Camp Nou. And another must: Neymar's shirt. I'm a huge fan and sometimes I'm happy I live so far from there cause I'd go bankrupt buying all the tix for every play possible (if only You could see my face when I found out that Barça plays on 20th September!). Another advice (only for ladies this time): shirts at women's section are pretty long even if You try on the XS size, so go downstairs and find the kids' department - they have more models and a kids M size should fit perfectly if You're XS (even if You're busty).

I wish I had more time for art galleries and museums. But at least I managed to get my hands on many albums about art (constantly asking if I can have them all). Now I know where I'm gonna head once I'm back in Barcelona. 

So many things happened during those 7 days, I have so many memories, some of them enclosed in pictures and below You have some of them. Welcome to Catalunya seen through my lens.






































No comments: