25 March 2018

fomo: March





The 'Swing' table Designed for small interiors, Swing easily transoforms into a rack. Since I'm a huge fan of utility furniture and interior design, I'm really curious to see how it works in 'reality'. You know, the video and the concept are both cool but still, I'd be scared that some of the plates would suddenly fall down on the floor if I did what the man does is the video.

Same-Sex Couple Baby Shower Do's & Don'ts What I like about Jacey and her blog is that every now and then she brings up some major issues. Although same-sex couple baby showers are something so hard for me to imagine to happen in Poland and be so openly discussed, this post made me as curious as never. Evry paragraph made me go hell, yeah, that's right; this is great; wow, would've never think of it etc. I also liked how she pointed out that 'traditiobal' baby showers always, sooner or later, bring up the when are you having your own baby question, which you may not always want to answer (honestly, I hate it with passion when somebody is way too much interested in what's going on inside my uterus). And last but not least, let me quote one paragraph which we all should have engraved somewhere in our brains: A same-sex couple having a baby is just like a typical heterosexual couple having a baby. If you want to ask questions, be polite and thoughtful in your approach. The baby shower is about celebrating the love and happiness of the couple that is expecting, not a time to quiz them about their surrogate, donor or other questions. 

Lacoste Is Replacing Its Logo to Help Save 10 Endangered Species A new line of their iconic polo shirts was made in collaboration with International Union for Conservation of Nature and even though I'm not a huge fan of one of the world's most forged clothing brands, I really like the idea of making the customers aware of environmental problems. With the retail price being $ 185 USD, I haven't managed to find how much is going to be donated to the IUCN. Nevertheless, even if it's only a small amout, I'm still hoping many people will buy the polo shirt and Lacoste will be able to donate as much money as possible because there are so many endangered species out there and I have the feeling we're not doing enough to save them. 

How To Reuse Plastic Caps And meanwhile teach your kid the alphabet :) Even though this is not a really zero waste idea (according to the ZW movement you shouldn't use plastic caps at all) but still, this can be used in so many ways: at home, at school, whe you wat to learn a new alphabet... .  Way better than all the high tech kids are given these days. 

I Blame Lulu This is my favourite vintage store Instagram account. They literally have the coolest stuff and cozy knits. Too bad they're located in Copenhagen. On the other hand, this fact gives a perfect excuse to travel north. 

The 10 Best Polish Books Coming Out in English in 2018 Even though, Polish is my mother tongue, I still like to read some classics in English or German just to see how the target language affects the words and constructions used. It all started when in 2005 my late aunt gave me Wisława Szymborska's poems translated into English and I began to appreciate the work a translator's gotta do before just a couple of verses start making sense. If you're into polish literature (not only the classics we get to read at school), there are some books being published in English soon and among them Dehnel's Lala and Schulz' Collected stories. There's also Olga Tokarczuk and the absolute classic -  Mickiewicz's Pan Tadeusz, coming out later this year. So keep an eye on your nearest bookshop cause there's gonna be some good reads!

This Kindergarten Teacher Has Created A Comfort Closet For Low-Income Students This is so amazing. End of story. 

Harvard Launches a Free Online Course to Promote Religious Tolerance & Understanding It's so hard to believe that nowadays, when most people have access to the internet and therefore equal chances to educate ourselves on major issues, there are still people who lack basic knowledge and have nothing but stereotypes inside their tiny minds. That's why the idea of promoting tolerance and understanding by one of the world's best universities, as obvious as it may sound, is so much needed. Here you can find more infos and I strongly encourage you to take the course. 

#LetsBringBloggingBack This short throwback video Andy, Carolina and Chiara did for Mango a couple of years ago almost made me shed a tear or two, especially when I read the caption and had a little thought on how blogging has changed over the years. 

Gurls Talk A wonderful and awe inspiring platform for every girl out there. Created by Adwoa Aboah, who herself has already been through a lot of things in life and has been my new role model since I foud out about her a few weeks ago. 

10 Travel Tips for Any Destination Even though the post was published 3 years ago, it's been my absolute no.1 since I read it. Every now and then I like to come back to it because every tip is exactly on point. On the other note: I miss Maren's blogging (can't believe it's been almost 8 years since I started following her). 

No comments: