26 February 2018

fomo: February



Enjoy the 20 Most Epic Spice Girls Style Moments Those were the days man! I was a little kid and  Spice Girls used to be my favourite band even though I understood no English back then! Still, even now when I see any news regarding any of the girls, I just gotta follow the link. I still like to play their songs from time to time and in my hometown I do have some of their photos I used to collect and exchange with friends. Oh, and I remember that every little girl wanted to own a limited, Spice Girls' edition of a popular deodorant; I myself were lucky to have one - I can still recall the smell!

Gallery of Polish Design I've already written a separate post on the Gallery of Polish Design but here you can see a short film showing some of the stuff on display.

6 ways the meat industry objectifies women I know that some idiots and dickheads, both male and female (which is even worse), compare feminism to cancer (go educate yourself, you f*cking ignorant) and believe that all feminists wanna do is to deprive men of ther dicks (no, we don't). But, if you belong to the other part of the open-minded society, this article is for you. Also, if you're a linguist, this one's for you too. Genrelayy speaking, it's for everyone and I recommend you added The Lily to your daily reading list.

Noriaki Kasai, the Japanese Ski-Jumping Legend Going for Gold at Forty-Five My jaw literally dropped when I saw that one of my favourite magazines, The New Yorker, did publish an article on ski-jumping. And I was even happier to find out that they devoted a few paragraphs to an absolute legend and one of the most positive athletes I've ever known, Noriaki Kasai. Since February was all about Winter Olympic Games and now that they're over we're already counting the days until Beijing. The great news is that Kasai already announced he'd be there too. Obviously as an athlete and I'm already keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Multilingualism In the EU An interesting inforgraphic but look at the comments!

REILLY Described as the fashion logo Instagram you need to follow, Reilly reinvented the way we perceive fashionable logos. My absolute no. 1 is the IKEA'S font and aesthetics used for OFF WHITE and also all the Queen Elizabeth II retouches (especially the Fila-Fendi bag!).

Barbados Celebrates Centenarian Citizens by Printing Their Portraits on Postal Stamps This is the coolest idea ever! Honestly, every country should honour their citizens like this. Bsides, I've recently read an article in a Polish magazine Pismo (something fresh and unique on the market, inspired by The New Yorker) that here in Poland we have a problem with the elderly. They usually live forgotten, sometimes don't even leave their flats for years and generally seem like a burden for modern families. The article made me so sad and alarmed that most of us never pay the due respect to those who are wiser than us and could still teach us a lot about life and history. On the other hand, I'm glad I grew up in a family which taught me how to respect people and take care of those who once used to take care of us.

Street Style Is Killing Itself With Its Narrow Focus on Thin White Women As for someone for whom street style photography is more interesting than all the fashion shows put together, this was a real food for thought. A massive thank you to Lindsay Peoples for bringing this up. Now, I'm gonna spy with my little eye more people of colour when goig through all the photos from the last fashion week season. 

No comments: