01 January 2018

Things I want to remember in 2018





1. Shameless people are everywhere. They will say what they have to say to get what they want out of you. Even if they don't mean it. They won't care about your well being. They will not care about your loss. The thing is, their shamelessness makes you feel ashamed if you don't oblige. Because they are so persistent about what they want. But that's just messed up. So be shameless when you have to deal with shameless people. Be shameless about the fact that your time, your life, you are only yours. Not in a selfish way. Only while dealing with such people.

2. Know your worth. No one will twll you our true worth because that will be a disadvantage. You being lost and confused and insecure is beneficial for them. You have to know your own worth. 

3. Pick one thing. One thing you want to work on in this new year. I know there are so many things that need your time and energy. But pick one. And then dedicate time and energy to that. Everything but this is negotiable. Don't stop working on this. You can have other things you're working on too. But when situations arise in which you have to give up your time and focus to do something anticipated, something unavoidable, cut down on those secondary things. But never on this one. Just one.

4. Sleep on it. Not to avoid it. Not to procrastinate. But to not be so overwhelmed. To not be so high on emotions. To not be irrational. To not make quick decisions that are reckless and rash and stupid. Sleep on it.

5. We keep thinking that we are getting older. I mean sure, we are. But being 20 is young. Being 25 is young. You're a young adult until 32. Did you know that? Did you? I'm an almost 26 year old youth. And I'm not old. And I'm not going to be for a while. I know I have silver hair strands. And I knoe my idealism is...I won't say it's dying. I will say it's altering. And that's not a bad thing. But I'm young. And I don't have to be dumb. I can give being young a new definition. But before. I should stop feeling so old. Being old isn't a bad thing. Not at all. But it's wrong to convince yourself that you're something that you're not.

6. Don't follow other people. I know the thought of life after graduation seems very daunting and confusing but don't look at others to do what they are doing. You have never liked crowds. Crowded places make you sick. Those paths are crowded and so worn out. It will take time. Construction always takes time. It is a long term project but it will also provide long term benefits. And guess what? You can completely customize this path. Just like you like it. 

7. What do we do about the people we hate? Endure. When it is professional, we endure. Sometimes we have to quietly bear the annoyance and frustration in the present to be able to get what we want. But remember, when it's personal we never endure!

8. Body. I have given too much importance to my heart and soul. In that pursuit I have majorly neglected my body. For that I am sorry. And because I know a genuine apology follows a corrective action, I will take thar corrective action. I will make this right.


I found these couple of sentences on one December evening and they sort of resonated in my mind that I decided to share them here. Instead of writing you all the best for the upcoming 365 days, let me put here something longer yet meaningful and less hackneyed. Anyway, have a joyful and memorable 2018. 



img.src_tumblr

No comments: