31 January 2018

fomo: January





No, Anne Boyer




Can't Sleep? Read This Having trouble falling asleep is a real nightmare which hopefully belongs to my past. Anyway, crawling from one side of the bed to the other is not helpful at all and amusing yourself with some midnight crisis on social media hardly ever does the trick either. So, if permanent insomia sounds familiar to you, maybe it's time to work on the right ritual before hitting the pillow as Damsel in Dior puts it. New year is always the time for making resolutions and having new beginnings so why not work on some good sleep at night, huh?

DIY: Snowy mason jar fairy lights Even though I'm not the one who sits down every January to make a listof resolutions for the next 365 days, I hope that in 2018 I'll do more DIY projects. I'm not talking of anything big or professional. Just something to escape the hectic life and evenings spent on the internet trying to kill time every now and then. I know snowy lights may be all about the Christmas spirit, but on the other hand they can serve as a mood setter on every winter afternoon, girls night at home or whatnot. Also: there's some fake snow on the jar - just in case you experienced winter without snow but wanted to have some.

This Bride and Groom Shocked Guests When They Turned Their Engagement Party Into a Wedding This story literally made one of my Sunday afternoons. Chilly reading between serious stuff :)

Starbucks adds a bunch of vegan and gluten-free food to its menu  Even though I'm not a big fan of Starbucks (still, their green tea with jasmine is always worth giving a try), I'd be more than happy to see at least some gluten-free cakes and sandwiches here in Poland, too.

Unpopular tryths about studying you should keep in mind This was probably one of the most important studyblr post I've ever read. I absolutely agree with every single sentence, which by the way applies not only to studying but also work in general. If I were to pick one must read article this months, those few sentences would be my choice.

The History of Tea History of my favourite drink told in less than 5 minutes. One of the best videos to start your day with (while sipping on some chai of course).

World's First Recycle Mall- ReTuna in Sweden With the Zero Waste trend being on the rise (also in Poland; this makes me utterly happy), I'm curious whether such ideas will gain popularity around the globe. I'm not a real Zero Waste expert and I'm definitely far from producing only a jar of waste a year but still, I do believe it is cruicial for our society to recycle, reuse and upcycle as much as we can. Not only because it's good for the environment or cool on Instagram, but also because that's a great way to escape overconsumption (still so common in many countries, especially those which underwent transformation in the 90s.).

The Best Planners for 2018 Just in case you may still be looking for some nice journal to plan your days in 2018. Here's a little #lifehack: with January being peak of the sales season, many journals, notebooks and planners are cheaper or even dirt cheap.

As I Lay Dying - Zainab Mabizari Zainab, a current medical student, shares her experiences with her patients and what her interaction with death on a daily basis has taught her about life. Integrating poetry in her talk, Zainab eloquently details her effort to add humanity in the battle with mortality. Zainab Mabizari is a first generation Algerian American born and raised in Houston. She currently attends Baylor College of Medicine and aspires to use her medical degree to advocate for public health policy and global health in underprivileged communities. She is a writer, and a poet, and believes in the power of storytelling. Definitely one of the most inspiring TED talks I've seen in a while. 

Miniature Paintings on Tea Bags by Ruby Silvious Aprat from being little works of art, this is also a really cool zero waste idea! 

7 Ways to Organize Your Laptop There were times when my desktop looked more or less like the insides of someone living on junk food and fizzy drinks. This is not to say that right now it's a minimalistic temple but I try to keep it more or less organized. There's still a lot of work to do and every now and then I promise myself that one day I'm gonna do some big big big makeover and maybe some sort of springtime cleaning? This short infographic is this much needed help and motivation I'd been looking for. 



MerkenMerken
MerkenMerken

No comments: