02 December 2017

fomo: November




How Did Rumi Become One of Our Best-Selling Poets? My first encounter with Rumi and his poems was, surprisingly, not so long ago when I was reading The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez. I remember than one of the main characters used to quote him in many situations and later, thanks to tumblr and some magazine articles, I slowely immersed myself in his works. Here's a little review of Rumi's Secret. The Life of the Sufi Poet of Love by Brad Gooch - a book I'm gonna have to add to my reading list in 2018.

Unpaid Turkish Garment Workers Tag Zara Items to Seek Help Every now and then we can read scandalous stories about how big chain shops mistreat their workers in less developed countries. Evn though I myself got to plead guilty for I own some things from ZARA and co., I try to make my closet as sustainable as possible. Still, it always shocks me that such a company, which by the way tries to show its image as polished and crystal clear as possible, lies straight in our faces and mistreats the people who do the dirtiest part of the job. On the other hand, I'm really happy to see all those unpaid workers taking a stand to make a change and make the customers aware of their situation. Next time, we all are gonna think twice before rushing to the check out (especially during the holiday rush)

We teach girls to be ashamed in sex ed. This has to change. End of story.

In Hania, Crete—a Town With No Jewish Presence—a Synagogue Thrives I love discovering places where Jewish things aren't expected to be found yet they are there quite well preserved. Wish I had known about this synagogue years ago when I visited Crete as a little kid.

Bats have regional accents, Israeli study shows. Now I officially have a proof that animals, well at least some of them, do communicate.

Saudi Arabia, which denies women equal rights, makes a robot a citizen I've read so many articles about this kind of odd case and it still puzzles me. I'm very curious when it comes to AI but the fact that such country placed a female (?) robot before a real woman, a human being equal to a man, is beyond weird.

232 Years Old and Counting: The Oldest Coffee Shop in Greece A place my Boy would surely love to visit. I'd happily go with him as long as they would serve me some tea.

Autumn Study Vibes Michael Buble defrosting as we speak.

Would You Sit on a $100,000 Louis Vuitton Toilet? Well, I guess this matches my unicorn toilet paper. 

No comments: